Join the Intuit team and work online with a schedule that supports your needs helping TurboTax Live customers get a better picture of their taxes and finances. A superior plan that provides secure retirement income with vesting after 10 years of service is offered to all full-time employees. A higher salary/appointment level is possible with experience and/or advanced education. Whether by advancement through a Traineeship or direct appointment, you will be able to achieve a Salary Grade 18 position in which salary advances will lead to a job rate of $76,387 (upstate), and $79,413 (downstate). There are further advancement opportunities through promotion.
All users receive free access to a select number of job postings. Paid membership is required for full access to our remote jobs database. Employees in New York State agencies are appointed to positions according to New York State Civil Service Law.
Proud to call KC home
Businesses in the same industry as Intuit will also be hiring remote workers at a high rate. Online tax preparation companies like Turbo Tax and Tax Act are also hiring tax preparers to assist their clients with preparing tax returns. Pronto Tax School is the ideal tool to get you working for one of these firms. Auditor Trainee 1 (Tax), Auditor Trainee https://turbo-tax.org/ 2 (Tax), and Auditor 1 (Tax) positions exist at various geographic locations in the New York State offices of the Department of Taxation and Finance. The positions perform field audits of the financial records of taxpayers to verify that businesses and individuals are in compliance with the tax laws, regulations, and rules of the State of New York.
- In addition, we scoured over millions of job listings to find all the best remote jobs for a tax preparer so that you can skip the commute and stay home with Fido.
- As an IRS CI Special Agent, you will combine your accounting skills with law enforcement skills to investigate financial crimes.
- This is where your bread is buttered, where you reach the financial red zone, where you see the fruits of your off season labor pay off.
- Practitioners are required to sign a Practitioner Agreement with TaxConnex that, among other things, establishes the revenue share for each client that Practitioner serves.
- When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company – one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
So if you’d like to make a change in your career, one that comes with a worthwhile mission where you can put your experience to use, gain valuable new skills and enjoy exceptional career prospects, you’ve come to the right place. Help us determine what software you are familiar with, your ideal schedule, and what returns you feel comfortable completing. Reach your desired value by using your downtime to increase your income. Working with us means you can still keep your full-time job and benefits while earning more money on the side. You’ll also need to register with the IRS if you want to file returns electronically.
Ajude-nos a proteger o Glassdoor
For information about the position and how to apply, view the job announcement. Practitioners are required to sign a Practitioner Agreement with TaxConnex that, among other things, establishes the revenue share for each client that Practitioner serves. Specifically, the client is contracted to TaxConnex for a certain scope and fee; and Practitioner receives a portion of this fee according to their Practitioner Agreement.
- Your goal is to resolve all delinquencies with a clear course of action.
- A large portion of college students have decided to take a break until this pandemic is under control.
- Many people will offer a reduced rate for their first handful of clients to get the ball rolling.
- Not only would the worker provide software technical support, but this worker would also assist in the actual completion of the tax returns.
- To promote balance we offer a progressive and flexible environment that supports personal and professional growth.
- The day in the life of a tax preparer is always a unique one.
You will conduct interviews and review records to gain an understanding of each taxpayer’s financial status, facilitate resolutions and educate them on the consequences of various courses of action. This type of position would have the employee on the phone or video chat talking the client through his or her tax return preparation. Not only would the worker provide software technical support, but this worker would also assist in the actual completion of the tax returns. Believe it or not, many large businesses are taking a step into the tax preparation industry by hiring tax preparers to assist their current client base. You must have a bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 24 semester credit hours in accounting, auditing, and/or taxation.
Protecting your information is our priority
Nowadays, it seems that many people would prefer to work from home over going into the office every day. With remote work becoming a more viable option, especially for tax preparers, we decided to look into what the best options are based on salary and industry. In addition, we scoured over millions of job listings to find all the best remote jobs for a tax preparer so that you can skip the commute and stay home with Fido. Legendary Tax Service is looking for individuals who have experience preparing individual tax returns. Tax preparer must be professional, willing to learn, and have or able to obtain a PTIN number( training and setup available), and be compliant with the registration requirements of your home state.
You can pick up clients through Taxfyle full-time or in your spare time. Your earnings will vary based on the amount https://turbo-tax.org/remote-tax-preparer-jobs-work-from-home-online/ of returns you complete. You can also up your earning potential by ensuring that your clients are satisfied.
State government employment
We invest in your success by giving you all the tools you need to be a practitioner with our Company. Practitioners maintain flexible hours in the comfort of their home leveraging the skills and professional designations that they worked hard to obtain and wish to maintain. With the support of your supervisors, you’ll work to interview and resolve issues, and elevate more complex problems to other departments. Working with small businesses, exempt organizations, government entities and other clients with complex tax issues, you’ll investigate liability issues, conduct financial condition analyses, advise and audit taxpayers. Your knowledge of special features or varied issues that require the application of certain tax laws and investigative techniques set your work apart.
- You will become familiar with the client, observing indications of hardship or business failure, and assessing their ability to pay outstanding taxes.
- As a Practitioner, you are a member of our network of sales tax experts who work remote with flexible hours.
- An independent and proactive decision-maker, you will conduct field examinations of individual taxpayers and small businesses to determine liability.
- Businesses in the same industry as Intuit will also be hiring remote workers at a high rate.
- You should also be proactive and self-directed in finding answers and communicating with clients.
- We are a platform that connects clients and firms seeking help filing returns and forms with tax professionals like yourself, on-demand.